Raising layer hens in layer cages is the choice of many farmers. How to use layer cages to raise chickens to reduce the rate of broken eggs. For farmers who breed layer hens. The quality and quantity of eggs is the key to determining the economic benefits of farmers. In the process of breeding laying hens, in addition to paying attention to the number of eggs, we must also pay attention to the quality of the eggs.
1. Farmers should determine the standard and type of layer cages according to the number and types of layer hens. It should be appropriate when designing the perspective of the bottom of the cage. Generally, the inclination of the bottom of the cage should be maintained at 7-8 degrees.
2. During the feeding process, farmers must ensure that the feed is balanced. The nutrient level of the feed is directly related to the strength and hardness of the eggshell. It is an important factor affecting the rate of broken eggs. When formulating feed, it is necessary to prepare feed with comprehensive nutrients in stages, especially calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D3 and crude protein.
3. During the breeding process, farmers should pay attention to increasing the number of egg picking and improving the quality of egg picking. In order to avoid egg-to-egg bumps and eggs being trampled on by chickens at the bottom of the cage. Pick up eggs more than 3 times a day, and arrange the last egg pick up before turning off the lights at night. Reduce the time the eggs stay in the cage, and also avoid the pecking habit of the chickens.
4. In order to ensure the normal production of laying hens and the normal eggs, farmers should do a reasonable and scientific light operation during the breeding process, and adjust the daily supplementary light according to the change of the season. The total light time is 16 hours. Well, at least not less than 14 hours.
5. Calcium is a key nutrient for the formation of laying hens. Therefore, if the quality of eggs is to be good, calcium must be sufficient. Therefore, farmers should supplement calcium reasonably and effectively during the laying period. Separately supplemented with shell pellets at 4-5 in the afternoon to provide sufficient calcium source for eggshell formation.
6. The stress response will cause the laying hens to show a decline in egg production and egg quality. Therefore, farmers should minimize stress during the laying period of the laying hens. Environmental changes are very sensitive. When chickens are frightened, soft-shelled eggs and deformed eggs will increase.
7. Disease is the killer that hinders the normal laying function of laying hens and the quality of eggs. Therefore, during the laying period, farmers must do a good job in preventing diseases, disinfection and immunization, and strengthen the bio-safety construction of chicken farms, and make reasonable preparations. Disinfection measures and immunization procedures, and regularly detect antibody levels, and regularly administer drugs to prevent diseases